Pages

bet365

Monday 7 April 2014

Injured Falcao hopeful of making World Cup

Injured Falcao hopeful of making World Cup
Monaco: AS Monaco`s Colombian striker Radamel Falcao has revealed that he remains hopeful he can compete in the World Cup as he recovers from a serious knee injury.

"I hope that I can play in the World Cup, but it`s still too soon to be certain," said the Colombian at the Louis II Stadium to watch his team`s 3-1 win over Nantes on Sunday.

"I`m recovering quickly. Physiotherapy is going very well. I`m going to return to Spain to continue my recovery.

"The knee has responded very well, which allowed me to gain momentum in the work.

"I`m happy because the evolution is very positive. I`m a little ahead of what was expected, but we know very well that it`s day to day that we`ll see the evolution. I have the desire and motivation to return."

Falcao, 28, ruptured cruciate ligaments in his knee during a French Cup tie on January 22 and underwent surgery in Porto three days later.

The Colombian said he was delighted with the progress of his Ligue 1 team who are currently second in the championship.

"I`m delighted for Monaco, we keep winning. The win (Sunday) was very important. We`re still on track to achieve our objective -- Champions League qualification. I hope to play Champions League with Monaco next season," he added.

Colombia are drawn in Group C at the World Cup with Ivory Coast, Greece and Japan.
AFP ----------------------- ZEENEWS.com

No comments:

Post a Comment